My Mom died far too young. There really isn't a 'nice' way to say it. One thing I have found to be very helpful in my process of grieving is writing. So - whether you are a friend, or a stranger - I hope that what I share here helps you to understand the process I am working through. Or, that it brings you comfort to know you are not alone in your experiences with 'loss'. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shine On

My 2 favourite forms of therapy for coping with my grieving: writing, and music.

Every now and then I hear a song that speaks to me, as if my mom were singing it to me herself. I first heard Leela Gilday while at an outdoor concert with my Mom (Mariposa Folk Festival). I didn't appreciate this particular song back then, as much as I do now.

Enjoy!

[click on this link, and then click on 'Shine On']

http://www.uphere.ca/node/159

No comments:

Post a Comment